Call for Authors:
Local Lit @ Lotta is a bi-monthly literary reading series by and for New Haven area authors, which launched in April 2018.
We are seeking short works of fiction, creative non-fiction, and memoir to be read aloud.
Hear your work. Get feedback from a general audience (under the guidance of a moderator). Connect with other local authors and fans of literature.
- minimum 500 words, maximum 6,000 words.
- Fiction, Creative non-fiction, or Memoir only (we do not accept poetry, scripts, articles or other forms or genres).
- Prior publication is not necessary. You may submit pieces that have been published or that have not been published.
- Greater New Haven area authors only.
- Rolling deadlines – submit anytime.
- Please note these formatting essentials:*Save your document as Title-LastName-Wordcount.doc or .pdf, for example: AFarewellToArmsExcerpt-Hemingway-1500.pdf
*Times New Roman 12 pt font
*Word count at the top of the 1st page, next to the title
*Your name and title in the header.
*Page numbers in the footer.
- Due to time constraints and limited staffing, we can only consider your submission if you follow the guidelines above and submit your document in either .doc or .pdf format.
*Our submission manager is a pain. We know it. We’d love to change it, but this is the only FREE submission manager we have found. Other platforms require payment from us and from you. For now, please bear with us and our pain-in-the-neck system, which requires you to take the following steps before submitting:
- Register your name and email address online.
- Check your email and click on the link it sends you to validate your new account.
- Return to the submission manager to login.