After two years, Local Lit @ Lotta ended with a virtual event on June 23, 2020. We are no longer seeking submissions but leave this page online as a record of what we achieved as a local literary community.
~Rebekah Fraser, December 1, 2020
Call for Authors:
Local Lit @ Lotta is a bi-monthly literary reading series by and for Greater New Haven area authors. We seek short works of fiction, creative non-fiction, and memoir to be read aloud.
Hear your work. Get feedback from a general audience (under the guidance of a moderator). Connect with other local authors and fans of literature.
- minimum 500 words, maximum 6,000 words.
- Fiction, Creative non-fiction, or Memoir only (we do not accept poetry, scripts, articles or other forms or genres).
- Prior publication is not necessary. You may submit pieces that have been published or that have not been published.
- Greater New Haven area authors only.
- Rolling deadlines – submit anytime.
- Please note these formatting essentials: *Save your document as Title-LastName-Wordcount.pdf, for example: AFarewellToArmsExcerpt-Hemingway-1500.pdf We will not accept other file formats. If you submit your story in any other format, we will not read it.
*Standard 12 pt font.
*Word count at the top of the 1st page, next to the title
*Your name and title in the header.
*Page numbers in the footer.
- Please include a 50-word artists’ bio in the body of your email.
- Due to time constraints and limited staffing, we can only consider your submission if you follow the guidelines above and submit your document in .pdf format.